We interviewed Andrés Emiliano P. an architect at Hyphen. Typically based in our Santiago de Chile office, Andrés has delivered projects for clients across Europe and Latin America…
1. What is a typical day like in your role?
I’m usually in charge of at least one project. Depending on the project phase, my daily tasks can be work on project drawings, processing permits, meetings for coordination and site visits. When I have light work, I support other co-workers on their projects.
2. What’s the most interesting place that you’ve ever visited for work?
When I was working in the Netherlands, I visited Spijkenisse Library and Markthal Rotterdam.
3. Top local permitting tip?
Every town or district is a different world. They have their own response times, procedures and bureaucratic processes. The permitting process usually takes at least nine weeks.
4. Best tool for staying in touch with your team?
WhatsApp and Microsoft Teams
5. What do you like most about working at Hyphen?
My co-workers in the Santiago team and the work environment.
6. Favourite local delicacy?
7. What do you consider a must have carry-on essential?
My cell phone.
8. What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
Swimming, biking, music and spending time with family and friends.
9. If you could deliver a project anywhere in the world, where would it be?