We encourage all our employees to work at the highest standards of professionalism whilst being self-reliant and showing independence of thought. In return, we will provide you with the experience and education to progress your career:
- Most of our projects pass rapidly from concept to completion so you will experience a wide range of job phases, including valuable site experience.
- Each of our local offices are relatively small so you will quickly feel part of a friendly, supportive team, and get to work closely with senior colleagues.
- Our international network means you will be given the opportunity to collaborate with Hyphen’s offices across Europe and Latin America and work on interesting projects for world-leading clients.
In addition, our hybrid working approach means that you will be able to work from home for up to three days each week with the remaining time in our London office.
As a senior mechanical engineer at Hyphen, you will contribute to a range of exciting projects in the retail and hospitality sectors, providing quality technical services and working with the project runners on the general design and management of building services projects.
Your skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a design consultancy environment, preferably across all project workstages and with a focus on the commercial sector.
- Proven knowledge of building HVAC systems, including airside and hydronic system components design.
- Experience in preparing specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA stages.
- Proficient with mechanical engineering calculations.
- Solid working experience in AutoCAD and MS office.
- BIM experience an advantage.
- Understanding of LEED/BREEAM and how it relates to mechanical systems
- Good understanding of the national and regional design standards and building regulation.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (proficiency in one or more additional languages would also be advantageous).
- Confident verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate complex mechanical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Excellent team working skills and a positive, pro-active attitude.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
Click here to find out more about the benefits of joining Hyphen in the UK.
Hyphen welcomes applications from candidates who plan to move to the UK from other countries in the near future. Before applying however you should verify that you have the immediate right to work in the UK. For further information please click here
If you feel that Hyphen is a place where you can contribute your best work, be proud of your achievements and see your career develop we’d love to hear from you.
Salary range: £46,000 – £60,000 subject to relevant experience.