As part of our Hyphen Around the World series, we catch up with various members of our team to find out more about their international experience.
#HyphenAroundTheWorld – Part 8
This week, we interviewed Jan Melichar, an architect at Hyphen. Based in our London office, Jan has delivered projects for clients across Europe.
1. What is a typical day like in your role?
40% design, 40% management, 20% admin and QA = 100% joy
2. What’s the most interesting place that you’ve ever visited for work?
I am fascinated by large warehouses and data centres, and fortunately I visit them often.
3. Top local permitting tip?
Be realistic, polite and patient. This isn’t a local tip, but rather a general one.
4. Best tool for staying in touch with your team?
A whip (joking, of course!). I am old school, so I prefer conventional communication tools, such as phone and email.
5. What do you like most about working at Hyphen?
That I can sleep calmly and wake up happy to start another day.
6. What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
Playing with my son, building Lego, sport, fantasy football, books about history or nature and board games.